Tuesday, July 17, 2007

In the NBA off-season

This is my first post in this basketball-related blog that I'm about to start. Hopefully this will be a platform of sorts to improve my writing skills. I'm gonna try to keep it as business-casual as possible, and refrain from using words like "that dope shit" because after all, the intent of this blog is to improve my writing skills.

But what's a blog without a little street swagger ya dig?

So it's been too long since the NBA entered its off-season. We've already seen big player movement with teams like Portland and New York, swapping marquee names like Zack Randolph and Steve Francis. We've seen both the Lakers and Pistons resign their solid pieces to the puzzle in Luke Walton and Chauncey Billups.

But of course, the blockbuster deals have yet to happen. I'm talking of course about any notable Laker acquisitions at the power forward/center position. From what I've read, I get the impression that there's a greater likelihood that Kevin Garnett will be heading out of Minnesota than Kobe Bryant leaving LA. And KB is running out of excuses, as the Lakers just signed Derek Fisher.

So there's quite a few questions to be answered within the next several months.

Is Kobe staying?

Where will KG land?

Which teams will position themselves at a title run?

How will the incoming rookies fair in the upcoming season?


All of these questions I'd like to discuss, as the days go by,
and the regular season gets closer. I can't wait.

No comments: